Most organizations are moving their analytical data platforms – whether based on data warehouses, data lakes, or both -- into the cloud. But how do you choose the right platform to fit your organizational realities, your technology strategy and direction, and important product requirements? What are the compromises in choosing a platform that is only available as a cloud service or only available in one cloud? And what are the capabilities you should look for beyond support for business intelligence and analytics, particularly when it comes to supporting machine learning and data science?
Join Doug Henschen, VP and principal analyst at Constellation Research, and author of “What to Consider When Choosing a Cloud-Centric Analytical Data Platform,” for this informative web event on March 15 at 8 am PT/11 am ET. He’ll be joined by Paige Roberts, Open Source Relations Manager at Vertica, and by Bert Corderman, Senior Manager of Engineering at The Trade Desk. You’ll learn:
• How leading analytical data lake, data warehouse, and combination platforms have evolved for cloud deployment
• How to choose a platform that fits the tech realities and tech strategies of your organization
• Why hybrid- and multi-cloud deployment flexibility is a must for many organizations
• Why firms with high-scale/high-performance needs still opt for customer-managed deployments
• What cost, security, and performance trade-offs to watch out for in cloud services.