5 A's to Big Data Success (Agility, Automation, Accessible, Accuracy, Adoption)
Sumesh Nair, Enterprise Architect - Data Strategy & Architecture at Tata Consultancy Services
About this talk
Big Data & Analytics is transforming to Big Data "for" Analytics where the lines are blurring between Data Management principles & Self Service driven Analytics architecture with emphasis on Automation. This session will give you focused approach to the five A's for Big Data Success for every Analytics driven organization advocating freedom to "citizen analysts" or "citizen data scientists" with a balance on cost & security; with a flavor of Azure Cloud. Here we are considering that most organizations have already adopted a Cloud Journey & Agile operating model is a de-facto.
We will go through some practical scenarios on each of the 5As with an eye for infrastructure cost, security & compliance
- Agility - Data Agility is when your data can move at the speed of your business needs. We will go through some considerations on how to achieve need for speed through different technologies like CDC, APIs, IoT, Kafka & self-service model of data sharing & reporting. Also, how to build a framework to stimulate Innovation to stay ahead of the curve
- Automation – A Stitch in Time Saves Nine. Industry is moving ahead from IAC & CI/CD being an afterthought to automation first approach
- Accessibility - Provisioning access to ERP/Source system data is priority#1.
- Accuracy - Data Quality should be at the heart of your ecosystem as it is most needed to gain business trust, we will touch upon key levers & design methods to implement it
- Adoption: Data Marketplace - How can I sell my data should be the first question that should strike your mind before investing effort to bring data. How to prioritize the right data elements & how to increase adoption by giving visibility through Data Catalog, Ontology, & APIs. We will also go through methods of introducing self-service data science sandbox for experimentation to increase for citizen data scientists.
- Cost, Security & Compliance - Infrastructure Cost, Security & Compliance cuts across all the 5 A's.
Data is the foundation of any organization and therefore, it is paramount that it is managed and maintained as a valuable resource.
Subscribe to this channel to learn best practices and emerging trends in a variety of topics including data governance, analysis, quality management, warehousing, business intelligence, ERP, CRM, big data and more.…