Thriving in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex & Ambiguous) World
Avinash Patil, Staff Technical Program Manager - Portfolio & Program Management at VMware
About this talk
The future of work is hybrid. There will be more remote employees, and the office won't be a place to work but rather a place to collaborate and develop relationships and trust. In this session, we will examine how the ways we work and manage need to change to thrive in the VUCA world, specifically addressing the following:
• Acknowledging that it's a changed world and we need new approaches and a new culture.
• Importance of culture & how to maintain it. Identifying new approaches to sustain values, beliefs and culture when most people are remote or work in a hybrid environment. Re-aligning culture
• Changes in organizational structures
• Addressing the need for managers to develop a "micro-culture" at the team level that will support working in the new world.
• Developing skills Recognizing the importance of trust and openness.
• Ability to effectively manage across organizational, geographical, and cultural boundaries and delivering extraordinary results is the critical skill you need to thrive as a manager in the new world
Learning objectives: At the conclusion of this session, attendees will be able to:
• Understand how the new world looks like
• Understand how to manage & thrive in a VUCA world
• Know about new skills needed to thrive as project manager
This BrightTALK Channel features useful content for human resources professionals. Presentations will cover employment and labor law, emerging media trends, training, onboarding, and employee engagement.…