We know the labor supply is at a critical level. WE CAN'T HIRE ANYONE. Not only can't we find people...but, they often lack the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience. Unlike previous cycles, we cannot simply "wait it out." There is no pool to fall back on. An aging workforce plus lower birthrates, low immigration, an exodus of parents due to unaffordable or unavailable daycare, explosive growth in the gig workforce, and other factors decimated the available number of people available. The push for 4-year colleges drove students out of the trades; the pandemic has an unmeasurable long-term negative impact on student learning, and a significant decline in interpersonal skills, learning capability, problem-solving, and basic working capabilities makes it impossible for many employers to hire available labor without significant upskilling and retraining.
There is no quick fix to the problem we are facing today across all industries, but HR plays a critical role. Automation saves time for themselves, managers, executives, and employees and so HR can focus on the things that matter most.
During this session, participants will:
• Show how automation can streamline HR functions and expedite time to hire, quality of hire, time to proficiency, and performance.
• Consider the need for automation and where HR can implement it to optimize impact throughout the organization.
• Identify best practices to begin the automation process.
• Evaluate the automation process.
• Walkthrough steps to select the best system to match the process.
• Consider appropriate success metrics to decide upon systems, build implementation models, and create accountabilities for success.
• Learn how to incorporate program evaluations and accountability structures to achieve success.
• Have fun!!