Joseph Tan, Wireline Application Engineer, EXFO
Webinar Series on Fronthaul Testing
The path towards complete FTTA/RRH site turn-up - in just one field trip
This webinar series covers everything you need to know to efficiently qualify fiber-to-the-antenna (FTTA) networks and confirm that remote radio heads (RRH) and CPRI links are fully functional before leaving the cell site – in just one field trip.
This three-part webinar series to learn more about connector inspection and cleaning techniques, fiber-link validation and troubleshooting, CPRI transport link validation, and more. This series aims to help you:
- Get your tower crews up-to-speed with fiber testing
- Ensure SFPs and RRH equipment are fully functional before activating services
- Speed up your deployment while preventing costly repeated tower climbs
Part 2: Deploying Fiber at 200 Feet - How to keep your foot on the ground
Understanding the challenges in deploying optical fibers within the FTTA/RRH environment. What are the different methods to test and characterize fiber?
1. Recap of previous session
2. Overview of a FTTA fiber network and the components to test
3. Challenges in deploying optical fibers within the FTTA/RRH environment
4. Fiber characterization test methods
› OTDR vs PM/LS – the pros and cons
› Impact of different fiber types (G652 vs G567)
› Bidirectional requirement, gainer vs excess loss, etc.
› Loopback measurement technique: results and benefits
› Test results documentation