Kristy Akullian (iShares), Tim McCourt (CME Group), Mark Barnes & Catherine Yoshimoto (FTSE Russell)
Despite falling more steeply in the March downdraft, US equities have handily outperformed international stocks this year. Indeed, the US has gained much of its edge since June, when the rally elsewhere began losing steam. And now, despite a volatile cocktail of global pandemic, political wrestling over a stimulus bill and approaching a looming general election which could be the most contentious in US history, US equity markets have been going strong.
What’s behind a 55% surge in the US large-cap Russell 1000 since March and a nearly 5% upswing for the US small-cap Russell 2000 in October?
And how can investors tap into US equity market opportunities?
FTSE Russell is joined by special guests from CME Group and BlackRock/iShares to examine the current state of the US equity market, consider what factors may be driving its outperformance between US large- and small-cap stocks and suggest ways investors can use trading and product strategies to manage risk and tap into market opportunity. The panel of speakers will cover:
• drivers of US equity indexes outperformance
• the weight of technology companies and other sector weighted contributions to returns
• historical performance of US equities leading into and coming out of US general elections
• stock-level concentration performance effect.
• Kristy Akullian, CFA, Director, iShares Americas Markets Coverage, BlackRock
• Tim McCourt, MD, Global Head of Equity Products, CME Group
• Mark Barnes, Ph.D., Head of Investment Research, Americas, FTSE Russell
• Catherine Yoshimoto, Director of product management, FTSE Russell
For more information about Russell US Indexes click her: https://www.ftserussell.com/index/spotlight/us-equity-indexes