Rolf Agather & Catherine Yoshimoto (FTSE Russell), Kristy Akullian (BlackRock)
After underperforming US large cap stocks by more than 6% in 2018 (and more than 8% over the past year as of May 3) US small cap stocks have changed course in 2019, gaining 20.2% relative to an 18.7% return for US large cap stocks through May 3. However, volatility and risk aversion returned in May, triggering a global equity selloff. The selloff touched most US industry groups.
The Russell US Indexes are designed to reflect the ever-changing US equity market. Each June, the entire family of Russell US Indexes is realigned and recalibrated to reflect market changes in the last year. This closely watched event impacts more than $9 trillion in investor assets benchmarked to or invested in products based on the Russell US Indexes and culminates in what is traditionally one of the highest trading volume days of the year across the major U.S. equity exchanges. During this highly-anticipated market event, the breakpoints between large, mid and small cap are redefined to ensure market changes that have occurred in the preceding year are captured.
During this webinar, experts from FTSE Russell and iShares will be discussing how to get re-acquainted with small cap equities in 2019:
• What is the Russell 2000 Index? – performance, volatility, assets tracking
• Basics of Russell Recon mechanics – construction, breakpoint shifts over time, banding and turnover
• A guide to using financial instruments linked to the Russell 2000 Index
• Rolf Agather, managing director, research & innovation, FTSE Russell
• Kristy Akullian, CFA, iShares Americas Markets Coverage, BlackRock
• Catherine Yoshimoto, director product management, FTSE Russell
Prior to joining, discover FTSE Russell’s infographic: http://bit.ly/2X8LpYK
*** Please note that this webinar is addressed exclusively to professional investors in the USA and/or jurisdictions where iShares funds or products are approved for distribution. ***