Chinese bond market: Evolution and characteristics
Jonathon Orr, CFA, and Jürgen Blumberg (Goldman Sachs Asset Management), Robin Marshall (FTSE Russell)
About this talk
Chinese financial markets have developed rapidly in recent years, both relative to the size of the domestic economy and the global economy.
The Chinese government bond market has a market capitalization that now exceeds that of UK gilts and German Bunds. Reforms in Chinese financial markets, and inclusion of Chinese equities and bonds in major global indexes, have improved access to, and increased foreign participation in Chinese markets.
In a recent research paper, FTSE Russell reviewed the transformation of this rising financial asset with a number of considerations, including:
• Evolution and structure of the Chinese bond market
• Relative performance of Chinese bonds versus other markets
• Correlation of returns with other major markets
• Impact of introduction into global bond indexes
• Risks to the Chinese bond market
Join experts from Goldman Sachs Asset Management and index provider FTSE Russell as they discuss the evolution and characteristics of the Chinese bond market, the FTSE Goldman Sachs China Government Bond Index and potential ways for investors to access it.
• Jonathon Orr, CFA, Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
• Robin Marshall, Director of Fixed Income Research, FTSE Russell
• Jürgen Blumberg, Head of ETF Capital Markets EMEA, Goldman Sachs Asset Management
In the meantime, you may be interested in reading FTSE Russell's research report: https://bit.ly/30ItLuN
*** This webinar should not be construed as financial research or investment advice. It was not prepared in compliance with applicable provisions designed to promote the independence of financial analysis. ***
FTSE Russell is a leading global provider of benchmarking, analytics and data solutions for investors, giving them a precise view of the market relevant to their investment process. A comprehensive range of reliable and accurate indexes provides investors worldwide with the tools they require to measure and benchmark markets across asset classes, styles or strategies.…